Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Street Photos 8 Recognition


The first quarter of school is long gone.  I have heard from previous volunteers that the second year is over before you know it.  That’s an understatement to say the least.  These first 12 school weeks of 2017 are a blur.  Part of the reason is the amount of conferences we’ve had mixed in there.  There was mid service conference, which for reasons not completely understood by me, was during the second week of school.  Next was the all volunteer conference followed by a week long Easter break.  In addition to the conferences I’ve travelled to the lowlands 4 times for various reasons and I’m heading down again this weekend.  All this to say my time in Africa is moving quickly, in part because of travel.  With travel comes new photo opportunities.  Even though it’s one of my least practiced photography disciplines, street photography remains one of my favorite genres.
This past week I was interviewed by Teresa Pilcher about my street photography.  Teresa was recently voted 7th, out of an original list of 124 names, on the list of the 20 most influential street photographers of 2017 by Street Hunters.  This was a reader voted poll, which was a big deal.  You can read the article HERE.  My interview is featured on the Google Plus community "Street Photographers".  The community currently has over 384,000 members.  It feels good being recognized for my work, especially since I’ve only been involved in the genre for around a year and a half.  

The interview can be viewed HERE.
Thanks for all of your support.


Peace,

- Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment